Monday, February 04, 2008

Mepis still improving

Sunday morning, when I booted to Mepis 7.0, the wireless started all by itself (just asking for kWllaet password). Since then, in about 5-7 reboots, the same thing has always happened so I think we can say that this problem is solved.
However, I still can't figure out why it didn't work like that on Saturday night when I made the changes to /etc/network/interfaces.
Actually, it might be worth while making the same change in /etc/network/interfaces on Sabayon as this one still won't start wireless by itself.
Basically everything going well in M7 with only 2.4GB in / and less than 0.5GB in /home. I'm thinking about putting this on Killians old computer as it's light and should be fast in spite of his very slow PIII 550MHz processor.
The only unresolved problem with Mepis is the fact that if I rotate the CF cube, the whole computer freezes. I haven't got any replies from anybody in a number of postings on this. So it seems it's not a common problem.
All-in-all, there's a lot to like about Mepis.

No comments:

Post a Comment