Saturday, February 09, 2008

Pclos is running fine on the MacBook

After much endeavour, I finally got PCLOS working well on the MacBook. The secret was that Pclos calls the External HDD not sda, as most other OSes do, but sdb.
So, I had to change the /boot/grub/menu.lst on the Ubuntu root partition to reflect this.
Also, I found that /etc/fstab on the Pclos root partition was equally all mixed up and I had to make many changes manually.
After this practically verything worked fine. Fusion-icon and AWN were available from the repositories and easy to install. Yakuake too was in the repos. However, I can't get it to run as it keeps crashing. Posted to the Pclos forums about this but no reply.
Haven't yet got wireless working here but can't imagine it should be too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment