Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mumbles notifier


Came across this in Lifehacker the other day and thought I'd try it out.
The first thing is that the mumbles 4.1 deb that's in the Lifehacker link doesn't actually seem to work. Actually there's a forum post on the same topic where the recommended fix is to use the svn 4.2 version. However, can't seem to find the link now. If I find it later I'll edit it in.
So, I did this and it works for me.
Problem is though that there are very few plugins of any value to me. Mumbles (using Bubble notifier) shows when I'm resuming from sleep but this is hardly of value.
Also there's a plugin for Rhythmbox which I show in the screenshot. However, VLC is my media player of choice.
There's also a Gmail notifier here but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment