Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Re-Install Xtoggle to hide/show AWN in Ubuntu Jaunty

I've written about this great little utility that I now find indispensable in Ubuntu on the EeePC 901. Xtoggle allows me to very easily hide the AWN dock when something else gets in the way on the small screen.
Last time I needed to install libxmu-dev to get the compile to work. This time, however, libxmu-dev was already installed in Jaunty (not sure why there were these differences).
Nevertheless, still would compile giving error messages such as

xtoggle.c:25:18: error: glib.h: No such file or directory
xtoggle.c:26:24: error: glib/gi18n.h: No such file or directory
xtoggle.c: In function ‘main’:
xtoggle.c:101: error: ‘FALSE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
xtoggle.c:101: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
xtoggle.c:101: error: for each function it appears in.)
xtoggle.c:124: error: ‘TRUE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
xtoggle.c: In function ‘substring’:

Did a little googling and found that perhaps I needed to install libglib2.0-dev. So, I tried
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev

Now the compile worked and I have now regained the simple Alt-h hotkey to hide/show AWN. Nice. I'd be lost without this now and wish I had something similar for the Kiba-Dock I use in Linux Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment