Sunday, November 15, 2009

Installing Kiba-Dock in LinuxMint 8 RC1 -- egg.trayicon error

Yes, I installed the RC1 of LinuxMint 8 (Helena) on my EeePC 901 using Unetbootin and this worked without any problem.
Not sure I've seen any huge change from LinuxMint 7 but I'll have to play with it a little more.
Now, as usual, I didn't format the /home partition and re-installed Kiba-Dock from the deb.
However, when I went to start it (using the command "kiba-systray.py" in a terminal) I got this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/kiba-systray.py", line 10, in
import egg.trayicon
ImportError: No module named egg.trayicon

The solution is to install python-gnome2-extras from the Mint repos. There are many dependencies which include python-eggtrayicon.
After this, everything works.

No comments:

Post a Comment