Saturday, February 12, 2011

Midori scrolling problem in FreeBSD

Another problem I noticed with Midori 0.2.9 was that scrolling in Twitter was very confused. The problem seemed to be that when you were scrolling towards the bottom, new tweets were continually appearing which upset the scroll with the result that the tweets all moved to a different position so you lost track of where you were.
Are you still following me?
Anyway, the Midori FAQ has an item entitled "Scrolling on website xyz is very slow" which I followed.
So I created a file called scrollfix.user.css in /usr/local/share/midori/styles/ into which I copied this line of text:

* {-webkit-box-shadow: none !important;}

Then I restarted Midori and the problem was, at the very least, an awful lot better although I have absolutely no idea how this hack works.

No comments:

Post a Comment