Monday, March 26, 2012

FreeBSD upgrade 8.2-RELEASE to 9.0-RELEASE

Even though I have FreeBSD 8.2-Release installed on two computers (Dell E520 Desktop and EeePC 901 Netbook), lately I haven't been doing anything in this OS.
Not really sure why this is but might have something to do with the fact that of all the OSes that I play with, FreeBSD is the most difficult to master.
It really does take a lot of effort. You need to know your stuff before you can excel in the FreeBSD sphere.
Anyway, some weeks ago FreeBSD 9.0-Release was launched so I though I should upgrade my install and try and revitalize my interest in this fascinating OS.
Additionally, I'm anxious to see how Qupzilla browser works in this OS.


OK, to upgrade FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE on my Dell, I basically followed this guide (just step1) and used the following commands:


freebsd-update upgrade -r 9.0-RELEASE
Answered 'y' to all questions.
Then I got this error:



No comments:

Post a Comment