Friday, February 01, 2008

MEPIS freezing when rotate cube

This freezing problem has persisted throughout the day until I eventually had to shut-off Rotate Cube in ccsm (basically to help me avoid the temptation to rotate the cube). After that it worked without problem for the last 6 hours.
I found, before this, that if I shutdown AWN, I could vigorously for about 30 seconds before it froze.
Posted on MepisLovers forum but nobody seems to be able to advise on this.Have now posted to Compiz Community Forums.
However, in googling around this freezing problem with CF is not unknown although no fix is prescribed. Loose Binding is mentioned as a possible fix but when I tried this it really messed up a lot of things on the screen -- for example Yakuake didn't open and I couldn't write to a terminal window.
Another possibility is to use some boot parameters such as noapic but I haven't tried any of these yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment