Friday, April 25, 2008

Upgraded Ubuntu to Hardy Heron (8.04)

Upgraded from the Update Manager and this went quite smoothly apart from the fact that the download rate was lamentably slow. Looks like I wasn't the only one installing Hardy today..
Although almost everything installed fine, there were just a few minor issues:
1) Awn deleted during upgrade so I had to re-install the bzr versions from Synaptic
2) During the upgrade, I was asked if I wanted t keep my old menu.lst (or the new version). I said I wanted to keep the old version (because of all the other OSes included). However, I though it would at least have included the new kernel but it kept the older one. So, I had to manually make that change.
3) Firefox 3.05 comes bundled. However, these days I only use FF for eyeOS (and lately ZimDesk).. However, FF3 didn't perform well with either of these and particularly with eyeOS, some features of the Desktop were missing.
Because of this, I uninstalled FF3 and installed FF2 which is also present in Synaptic. This got over this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment