Friday, April 25, 2008

ZimDesk

This is just like eyeOS so I thought I'd give it a try.
Seems to be only available from a public server which gives 100 MB of space.
I could easily upload some music files (using Firefox) which I was subsequently able to reach and play later in IE7 on the WinXP computer,
Couldn't see how to upload photos or documents of any type although I can't believe this has been overlooked.
Has a lot of radio stations available as well as TV (where only one channel seemed to work and that was without sound). Also has quite a few games although I didn't yet play any.
All-in-all, looks interesting although perhaps not as complete as eyeOS and more geared towards entertainment.
I was surprised to find that the forum only seems to have had two new topics in its whole life which is not encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment