Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sound playback problem in Foresight.

Today I re-installed Foresight 2.0 (newer version is 2.0.1) and managed to get it working again. In addition, I got all of the updates installed, although there was a server problem earlier on which prevented all but a few updates from being installed.
However, even with the OS fully updated to version 2.0.1 and no Package Kit activity taking place, still AlsaMixer showed in File>Change Device only three devices, none of which was the Creative Sound Blaster.
On two occassions during the day, however, the Creative card did show up and I was able to play music.
nevertheless, as things stand I have absolutely no idea why I'm getting this problem now and have no idea where to go to solve it other than reading up about sound control in Linux.
Here are some useful troubleshooting guides (1, 2, 3) that might be able to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment