Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Kurumin 7: Attempts to install it to HDD

I've used the Brazilian distro Kurumin 7 for nearly a year as a VM on VMware Server.Now, I thought I'd try it as a fully installed OS.
Install is straightforward (although it's all in Portuguese).
Initially I chose reiserfs as the chosen fs for both / and /home.
However, on booting to Kurumin, I immediately got this error:

/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 1 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
..............
..............
Kernel panic - not syncing

On googling for this, I see it has occurred before for others in Kurumin but doesn't seem to be any easy solution.
I did, however, come across this as a possible solution for me although it's complicated.

I thought that perhaps the choice of reiserfs as the fs may have contributed to this problem. So, I reinstalled Kurumin but this time I used ext3 as the fs.
On booting, I got exactly the same problem.
I'll probably have to post to the Kurumin forums on this although not too sure if I'll get a worthwhile reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment