Friday, June 27, 2008

Updating Foresight (Mac)

After the problems I had with this yesterday, I tried a newer Foresight install DVD (this time 2.0.1, yesterday I had used 2.0).
However, although the install seemed to go fine, again the attempted update after the install ended with the very same error message.
So, I downloaded the newest Foresight install DVD (2.0.2) and went through everything again.
This time I noticed that an error that had showed up with the previous two installs (something about Grubby failure and non-availability of templates which shows up after the bootloader installation) didn't occur this time.
Now the update proceeded perfectly.
Can't really say I understand why.
I posted to the Foresight forum about this but have yet to receive any reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment