Sunday, July 13, 2008

KuruminNG back to (almost) normal.

I reinstalled KuruminNG a few days ago (without reformatting the /home) but never had a chance to get it set up fully.
Well, I did that today and the main features of this were:

1) To get 1280x1024 screen resolution just add this subsection to the Screen Section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf

SubSection "Display"
Modes "1280x1024"
EndSubSection

2) To get 3D effects
2.1 Install compiz-core, fusion-icon, desktop-effects-kde, emerald
2.2 (In my case) activate accelerated nVidia driver (Sistema>Hardware Drivers)
3) AWN, install from Adept but before you launch install dbus-x11
sudo apt-get install dbus-x11

4) Install latest opera by downloading Ubuntu version as .tgz file. Untar in terminal and then, as root, ./install.sh

Note that Kurumin is still running here with KDE 3.5.9. I expect to get problems when I change it to KDE4.1

No comments:

Post a Comment