Saturday, July 12, 2008

More ssh progress (including ssh'ing to WinXP)

I had been trying to ssh into Margaret's computer (running Ubuntu) but no matter what I did always got a permission denied error.
So, it appears you can ONLY ssh into another computer(server) if you have an account with the same name as you have on the client.
So, I created my own user account in Margaret's Ubuntu with the same username and then, no problem. Connection made.
So, I rebooted to Windows XP on Margaret's computer and used this guide to install Cygwin which allowed me to ssh from the client (Ubuntu-dell) to Windows XP.
However, couldn't think what to do once I got there as it's quite some time since I seriously used Windows.
Here's a link I'll probably use tomorow to ssh into Mac OSX.

No comments:

Post a Comment