Thursday, July 17, 2008

Some blog housekeeping

Made some changes to how my Computer Notes blog looks.
First, I changed the template as I wanted to have the labels list I created recently to be seen up front rather than at the bottom of the page.
This is very easy. Just sign into your blogger blog, click on Customize and then, in the new page that opens, click on Pick New Template. Then choose what you want. Be aware that your header may look very different depending on which template you pick. Many place the header picture essentially in the sidebar so it's less conspicuous.
Next I changed the header picture more or less as explained here.
What I noticed here is that if your picture is bigger than will fit (seems to be something like 1120 pixels is the max width) then, no error message will result but it will go on saving forever.
What I found is that if everything is right, saving of the new header is immediate. If it's not, you might want to think about pulling the plug and checking what might be wrong.
Next I put in a translator from here. Note that only the AltaVistaBabelFish translator installed without problem for me.
The Google translator just wouldn't work as it continually gave an error saying the code was not well-formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment