Friday, July 18, 2008

Synching between computers.

I installed Unison (and Unison Gtk) in Ubuntu on both computers today and using this excellent manual (which includes a very well-presented tutorial on how to use it.
The tutorial is principally of value if you want to use the command line to control Unison.
However, the GUI (Unison Gtk) is simplicity itself.
Although, Unison-Gtk is a Gnome app, I think it might work in KDE (at least in KDE 4.1 that I tried in KuruminNG) as everything seems normal to begin with but I haven't yet done a full test.
I was able to synch my Tomboy notes between the Mac and the Dell and it worked fine.

Coincidentally, I saw in del.icio.us today another free app that does the same thing (Conduit, which I touched on in the other blog). Looks like I'm going to have to try both.

No comments:

Post a Comment