Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Updating Foresight.

I'm really starting to have some serious difficulties in updating Foresight. Almost every time I try it I get some message telling me that the update can't proceed as some dependency needed by another app would be deleted.
In the last couple of weeks I have had to re-install Foresight from the most up-to-date install DVD (without touching /home). Thereafter for a few days, I could apply the almost daily updates without a problem.
However, once again, today I had the same problem on both machines.
I posted to the Foresight forum on this but have had no replies up to now.
If not, tomorrow I'll probably have to re-install again. Luckily the Foresight install is very fast (10-15 minutes) but reconfiguring afterwards can take an hour or more.
Still don't know if I'm the only one with this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment