Friday, July 04, 2008

Wireless (MacBook) in openSUSE 11.0

Spent a lot of time today trying to get wireless working in openSUSE with, up to now, a complete lck of success.
I installed madwifi from Yast2 but this didn't seem to recognise my card.
Then I tried both madwifi-0.9.4 and madwifi-0.9.3.3 (from here) but neither worked also. Even though "modprobe ath_pci" works without error, "iwconfig" doesn't see any ath0.
Then I remembered having success with this guide for openSUSE 10.3. However, it hasn't been updated. However I tried it although it didn't work there are quite a few options to try yet.
Some errors in the guide are:
1. The svn line should be

svn checkout http://svn.madwifi.org/madwifi/trunk madwifi-ng

2. In these two lines
cp ath_hal-20070428 madwifi/hal -R
cd madwifi/

madwifi needs to be changed to madwifi-ng as this is what I'm using.
A useful site here that provides some further madwifi options.

I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment