Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Google Earth on EeePC 901


I eventually got this to work well. Ironically, it was only a matter of following what it said in the wiki.
I provided details of what I did in this post to the forum.
The key to where I slipped up was that the file /home/user/.config/Google/GoogleEarthPlus.conf did NOT contain the line

Atmosphere=true

However, instead of either adding the line
Atmosphere=false

to the same file or opening Google Earth, waiting till it stabilized and then opening View and unchecking Atmosphere, I chose to ignore this.
However, after a reminder of this from a reply to my forum post, I unchecked Atmosphere in View and everything worked fine thereafter.
In addition, making this change to View>Atmosphere put the line
Atmosphere=false

in the file we´re discussing so it only needs to be done once.

No comments:

Post a Comment