Friday, February 13, 2009

Still no video in Haiku/Senryu

Actually, I've made no progress at all. I got a reply from a guy I had emailed (because he produced a Haiku video tutorial which showed video working perfectly).
He suggested I use vlc-0.8.6d from here. I had been using vlc-0.8.6c. However, the upgrade made no difference.
Note that I also installed ffmpeg-for-vlc from the same repo but again no video appeared.
Right now, in my /boot/home/config/add-ons/media/decoders folder I have these decoders:3ivx, aac, divx.mp42. divx.mp43, divx_audio, mpeg1audio_fh and mpeg1video.
I think maybe the next step is to post to the Haiku forum where I have already gotten quite a lot of very useful and informed help.
Note that what I described here today I only tried on Senryu and not yet on Haiku.

No comments:

Post a Comment