Friday, June 05, 2009

Now I'm getting into Twitter

This Lifehacker article really showed me that there's a lot more to Twitter than a few (thousand) people exchanging largely irrelevant nonsense between themselves.
So, I started following some Linux, Ubuntu and Moblin twitters (is that what they're called?)
Additionally, I added my twitters to my blogs.
Not only that but my blog posts will now show up in my Twitter thanks to Twitterfeed.
To add URLs to your twitter it's useful to have a tool to shorten those long URLs (there's only 140 characters to play with), then TinyURL will be useful (although there's many other similar apps.
If you're hungry for a constant stream of very short updates on your favourite topics, as I am, then I'm finally beginning to see just how useful Twitter might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment