Tuesday, July 28, 2009

FreeBSD on EeePC 901: Progess or lack of it.

Well, I can't be faulted for not trying but so far I haven't achieved what I wanted.
In fact I'm using this guide (different from the ones already shown).
Note that there is an error in one of the commands shown in Step 4 of this guide. The third command should read

cp -RvLu /mnt/* /media/disk

(there is a missing space in the original).
Everything seems to go well until I start to try to install FreeBSD (actually I'm using FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso) then after short time I get an error stating "can't transfer base distribution from Da0s1) and I can go no further.
As I explain in this blog post, I tried many variants on this theme, but all were to no avail.
At this stage I'm not sure what to do. Why did my version of FreeBSD not install from the USB key?
Perhaps I'll try an earlier version of FreeBSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment