Friday, September 03, 2010

EasyBCD makes editing Windows 7's Boot Menu easy.

I had mentioned in a recent post how I used bcdedit.exe to change the names of two Windows OSes from how they had appeared in the original Windows bootmenu.
This involved booting to the OS whose name I wished to change in the bootmenu and applying a simple command.
However, bcdedit.exe only works in Windows 7 and Vista. So, I don't have the option of changing the name of Windows XP from what it appears in the menu (called "Earlier Version of Windows").
Even though I found this extensive tutorial on how to use bcdedit.exe to make all sorts of changes to the BootMenu, I just couldn't find the one I wanted.
However, EasyBCD takes all the pain out of this task by providing a very simple GUI (see Method 2 in this link).

No comments:

Post a Comment