Wednesday, April 30, 2008

VMware Server in Foresight

VMware Server works at least as well in Foresight as it does in Ubuntu. However, there are some strange differences.
First Senryu doesn't work so well in FS almost entirely because I just can't seem to get the mouse reasonably configured. As a result, mouse movement is not at all satisfactory.
On the other hand, I didn't have to do anything in Ubuntu to get essentially perfect mouse movability. Not sure what's causing this.

Syllable, with which I have very little experience, I have installed as a VM on both Ubuntu and Foresight. I have to say that Syllable doesn't work perfectly in either but, if anything, it's better in Foresight. The main problem with Syllable is that it seems to stop working (mouse loses functionality) after about 5-10 minutes.
Another thing is that the highest avaible screen resolution in Foresight is 1024x768 while in Ubuntu I get 1200x800

I've just managed to get Kurumin set up in VMware Server and it seems to be working reasonably well and has an internet connection.
Use this guide to download the needed stuff and set it up (oh, and you'll need to speak Portuguese as this is a Brazilian distro).
One point to note is that to get this working as a VM, I downloaded the Kurumin 7.iso and placed it in the VM folder and then deleted the exising cd.iso and rebnamed the Kurumin7.iso as cd.iso.
The main problem I have with this in the short time I've been using it, is that I can't get the screen resolution above 1024x768

No comments:

Post a Comment