Saturday, May 24, 2008

AWN in Sidux -- problems!!!

There's a lot of AWN stuff in the Sidux repos. However, although it installs cleanly and it shows up in Kmenu>Utilities, I can't get it to start.
If I try from a terminal, I get a very long error message, the first part of which is this:

** (avant-window-navigator:4255): WARNING **: Failed to make connection to session bus: Failed to execute dbus-launch to autolaunch D-Bus session

** (avant-window-navigator:4255): CRITICAL **: dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name: assertion `connection != NULL' failed

** (avant-window-navigator:4255): CRITICAL **: dbus_g_proxy_call: assertion `DBUS_IS_G_PROXY (proxy)' failed

This may be a dbus problem, but certainly dbus-daemon is running.
Now, it could be said that kde doesn't like AWN, but I have AWN running well in Arch in KDE.

Incidentally, qdbus doesn't currently work in Sidux but does in Arch. When I had a similar problem recently in Foresight Linux, I resolved it by installing an updated version of qt4-core. However, this is not available in Sidux repos so I installed libqt4-core but this made no difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment