Monday, May 26, 2008

Got AWN to work in Sidux 2008-1

I tried once again to get AWN to launch in Sidux.
This time I tried the repo mentioned here.
However, still got the DBUS error.
So, did a bit of googling and saw that AWN depends on libdbus-1-3 and libdbus-glib-1-2 so I found these elsewhere and installed through kpackage (actually probably could have gotten them through apt-get and indeed I have the impression they were already installed).
In any case, they made no difference. Then I read through the comments in this thread and dbus-X11 was mentioned as essential for AWN.
So I installed dbus-X11 through apt-get. This did the trick and AWN now launched. However, no awn-manager was present so i had to install this through apt-get as well.
Still have no applets but i look at this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment