Thursday, May 15, 2008

Progress with Yakuake in Foresight 2.0.1 on MacBook

OK, it still doesn't work exactly as I would like but at least it's usable, which is nice.
The good part is that I was able to get F8 to be selected as the key to open/close the Yakuake window simply by changing from the default F12 key at start-up.
Now, by start-up I really mean a very-first-time start-up.
To get to this, you must delete the yakuakerc file in ~/.kde4/share/config
After this, Yakuake will start-up like it did on the very first time and let you choose the preferred Fx key to open/close.
The bad parts are as follows:
1. qdbus just won't work on this machine and neither in Foresight 2.0.1 on the desktop. I have a feeling that this is something that worked in Foresight 2.0 but, for some reason, doesn't in 2.0.1
I posted to both the Foresight forums and Linux questions about how to get qdbus running, but so far (6 hours later) no replies.
Not only that, but there is very little information on qdbus available through Google.
I added both kdebase and group-kde-core but neither made any difference.
2. Another problem is that the Configure Yakuake window produces and enormous blue screen (stretching over two sides of the cube with, other than Defaults, no opportunity to configure anything. So, although I can change the width and height of the window, I can't change its position.

No comments:

Post a Comment