Saturday, June 21, 2008

KuruminNG -- how's it going?

Well, not too bad but still room for improvement.
The principal problems are:
1. Can't get 3D effects
Although fusion-icon, CCSM are available in the repos, and I was able to activate the nVidia 3D driver (96.43.05) from the repos, I can neither get any 3D effects nor find any info on how to do this.
2. I had previously had problems with Kurumin 7 (as a VM) getting the 1280x1024 resolution. Same problem in KuruminNG,
I posted to the Kurumin forum on this (and the previous problem) here.
What I didn't mention in the forum post was that once (and once only) when I tried to change the screen resolution in Configs>Monitor&Screen, it did actually really change (black screen for about 5 seconds and then returned at new res.).
However, after a reboot, it had reverted to 1024x768 and I just couldn't get it to repeat this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment