Monday, September 07, 2009

Opera PUB KEY problem

I've used Opera web browser for a long time in all of my OSes (with the exception of Haiku where only a very antiquated version is available --3.62 or something).
However, just recently in Ubuntu 9.04 I started getting this message when I updated my repos:

W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used.GPG error: http://deb.opera.com stable Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY F9A2F76A9D1A0061

Never saw this before for Opera but tried this link and this command
wget -O - http://deb.opera.com/archive.key | sudo apt-key add -

However, although the first time it went through to OK, although with some delay, I got exactly the same message when I ran update again.
Ran the command a second time and this time there was no delay in running all the way through to OK. Now The problem was removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment