Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A problem using Python Simple HTTP Server in Windows 7

This is a relatively minor issue but I just want to record it in case it happens again in the future because this really is a great tool.
Python (and I'm using Python 2.7 in W7) is not in the path so to get the Server to work in Windows 7 I was using the following command:
/Python27/python -m SimpleHTTPServer
This had worked perfectly in both the Command Prompt and in Cygwin.
However, when I went back to W7 after about a week, I couldn't find Python and the above command no longer worked (no such command error).
But when I went to install Python from here, I wasn't given an install option, only repair or uninstall.
This means that it was already installed -- but where was it?
Anyway, I uninstalled it and re-installed and now the above command works perfectly again.
Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment