Thursday, October 20, 2011

Free dictionaries in Kindle iPad app

A couple of days ago, I was lamenting the demise of the Stanza ebook reader in iOS5 and reluctantly expressed my best-of-a-bad-lot preference for the iPad Kindle app as a substitute.
Now, I liked the English dictionary in Stanza and used it regularly. However, as I read in a number of other languages (including Portuguese and French) I very much regretted that no equivalent dictionaries were available in Stanza.
Indeed, I had posted to the Stanza forum about the possibility of this omission being rectified and the developer replied that no plans were in hand.
Imagine my delight that the Kindle app has online dictionaries for a range of languages including English, French and Portuguese.
Maybe I won't miss Stanza that much after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment