Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tiny Core 2.0 -- resolving some install issues

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, when I tried to upgrade to TinyCore 2.0 from 1.0 by substituting the bzImage and tinycore.gz files, I ended up with an OS without a terminal.
Couldn't figure this out and a post to the TC forum told me that this was not a known bug.
So, I went ahead with a "clean" install (i.e. I wiped both the / and the /home partitions before the install -- although I did keep backup copies of both partitions). Now, the install went without problem and the terminal is once again present.
A few more details are available in my forum post.
Because of the clean install, my upgraded TCL is now extremely raw so I'm going to have to spend quite some time getting things properly organized again. But that should be enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment